The practice of requesting a Mass to be offered for loved ones, living or deceased, is a beautiful part of our Catholic tradition. In order to accommodate the many requests for Mass intentions in accord with Canon Law and Diocesan policy, the following is St. Agnes’s procedure:
- To request a Mass intention, complete the Mass Intention Request Form and submit it to the parish office. The form can be downloaded from this page and then printed, or it can be picked up from the church vestibule.
- The stipend is $5 per Mass and should be submitted with the request form.
- Mass requests will not be scheduled over the phone or in person in the parish office.
- Requests will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Mass intentions can be requested up to one year in advance.
- Only one intention can be offered for each Mass except at the 4pm Saturday Vigil Mass and the 6am Wednesday Mass; these are the only multiple-intention Masses that are allowed per week.
- A maximum of 3 Sunday Masses can be requested for any one intention in a given year.
- A maximum of 1 Mass can be requested for any one intention in a given month.
- Mass requests will be scheduled as close to a preferred date and time as possible.
- Mass intentions are published in the weekly bulletin and announced at the assigned Mass.