The practice of requesting a Mass to be offered for loved ones, living or deceased, is a beautiful part of our Catholic tradition. In order to accommodate the many requests for Mass Intentions in accord with Canon Law and Diocesan policy, the following is St. Agnes’s policy:
- Requests for Mass intentions will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Mass intentions can be scheduled up to one year in advance.
- Only one intention can be offered for each Mass except at the 4pm Saturday Vigil Mass and the 6am morning Mass on Wednesdays; these are the only two Multiple Intention Masses that are allowed per week.
- Each weekend, one Mass is offered for all the parishioners at the 8am Sunday morning Mass.
- Each week, on Tuesday at 6am, the Mass is offered for the deceased.
- A maximum of 3 single intention weekend Masses can be requested for any one intention in a given year.
- The stipend for a Mass is $5.
- Requests for Mass Intentions will not be taken over the phone or in the parish office.
- Mass intentions will be granted as close to the requested date and time as possible. If it is not possible to comply with the primary request, the office will schedule a date and time as close as possible.
- Mass intentions are published in the bulletin and mentioned at Mass.
- You may request a Mass Card (please pick up from the office) so as to send notice to the person/family that the intention has been scheduled.
- Complete the Mass Intention Form to request Mass Intentions. PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY.
If you have any questions regarding Mass Intentions, please call the parish office at 225-383-4127