The practice of requesting a Mass to be offered for loved ones, living or deceased, is a beautiful part of our Catholic tradition. In order to accommodate the many requests for Mass Intentions in accord with Canon Law and Diocesan policy, the following is St. Agnes’s policy:
- Requests for Mass intentions will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Mass intentions can be scheduled up to one year in advance.
- Only one intention can be offered for each Mass except at the 4pm Saturday Vigil Mass and the 6am morning Mass on Wednesdays; these are the only two Multiple Intention Masses that are allowed per week.
- Each weekend, one Mass is offered for all the parishioners at the 8am Sunday morning Mass.
- Each week, on Tuesday at 6am, the Mass is offered for the deceased.
- A maximum of 3 single intention weekend Masses can be requested for any one intention in a given year.
- The stipend for a Mass is $5.
- Requests for Mass Intentions will not be taken over the phone or in the parish office.
- Mass intentions will be granted as close to the requested date and time as possible. If it is not possible to comply with the primary request, the office will contact you to find another date and time.
- Mass intentions are published in the bulletin and mentioned at Mass.
- You may request a Mass Card (please pick up from the office) so as to send notice to the person/family that the intention has been scheduled.
- Complete the Mass Intention Form to request Mass Intentions. PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY.
If you have any questions regarding Mass Intentions, please call the parish office at 225-383-4127